It’s March, the weather is starting to heat up - and so is the tabletop releases schedule. A whole host of new board games, expansions, RPGs, booster packs and more are arriving on store shelves. The blooming release schedule for both the UK and US markets can be hard to keep up with, but luckily for you we’ve got our eyes, ears and noses to the ground to catch all the latest tabletop games.
This list contains every bit of information you need to know on the latest and upcoming tabletop releases. Whether it’s the hottest expandable card game packs, the next expansion for a beloved board game or another sourcebook for a roleplaying series you love, we’ll be updating this article throughout the month of March to ensure that you know about them.
Easily one of the most anticipated titles set to be released this month is The Initiative, the latest board game from Corey Konieczka - designer of Star Wars: Rebellion and Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game - and the first title from his recently-founded studio, Unexpected Games. After a mysterious teaser trailer arrived on YouTube in January, an official announcement of the board game came shortly after and revealed that The Initiative would be an ambitious project about a group of clue-gathering teens in the ‘90s. During the game, players will be completing various missions whose stories are linked together via a comic book included with the title.
Cryo is another upcoming board game that’s worth keeping an eye out for this March. Set to be released by Z-Man Games, the publisher responsible for the Pandemic series, Cryo sees players crash-landed on a desolate icy planet with no chance of returning to the stars. In the hopes of surviving the harsh conditions, players must hunker down in the warmer underground areas of the planet, before venturing out to discover resources and survivors from the crash. Eventually, players will be looking to delve deeper into the ground with the aim of setting up fruitful colonies below the surface.
Returning titles this month include Bloodborne: The Board Game - the video game board game from Steamforged - a second edition of classic flip-and-write game Welcome To… and last year’s spin-off card game Monopoly Bid.
Apart from the new releases, you can also look forward to some fresh additions to several beloved tabletop series such as Arkham Horror: The Card Game, Marvel Champions: The Card Game, Digimon Card Game, Stuffed Fables and Star Wars Legion, to name but a few.
We’ll be keeping this list updated throughout all of March, so be sure to check back here to keep abreast of all the latest tabletop gaming releases due this month.
Best new board games - March 2021
US release dates
- Marvel Champions: Scarlet Witch Hero Pack
- Arkham Horror LCG: The Lair of Dagon Mythos Pack
- Bloodborne: The Board Game
- Bloodborne: Hunter’s Dream Expansion
- Spot It! Camping
- Keyforge: Dark Tidings Deluxe Deck
- Keyforge: Dark Tidings 2 Player Starter Set
- Stuffed Fables: Oh Brother!
- Marvel Crisis Protocol: Infinity War League Kit Scenario
- Star Wars Legion: Agent Kallus Commander Expansion
- Star Wars Legion: Lando Calrissian Commander Expansion
- Bloodborne: Chalice Dungeon Expansion
- The Initiative
- Star Wars X-Wing: Second Edition - Skystrike Academy Squadron Pack
- Star Wars X-Wing: Second Edition - Fugitives and Collaborators Squadron Pack
- Star Wars X-Wing: Second Edition - Phoenix Cell Squadron Pack
- Legend of the Five Rings TCG: Coils of Power Dynasty Pack
- Dream Catcher
UK release dates
- Digimon Card Game: Release Special Booster Ver 1.5
- Fairy Tale Inn
- Arkham Horror LCG: A Light in the Fog - Mythos Pack
- Legend of the Five Rings: The Temptation of the Scorpion Dynasty Pack
- Marvel Crisis Protocol: Black Bolt and Medusa
- Marvel Crisis Protocol: Crystal and Lockjaw
- Monopoly Bid
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Heritage
- Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
- Welcome To: Second Edition
These release dates are sourced from distributors Asmodee North America and Asmodee UK. Spotted something we missed? Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org